Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Brief Pause....

I took a brief pause from the blog to work on some other things I've been doing:

Blow The Scene Guest Reviews - I was asked to start my own column on Blow The Scene so I'll be guest writing for them on a regular basis. You can read my first review of Hot Water Music's "Exister" here.

Happy Cow - Happy Cow has always been a useful resource for finding vegan/veg places to eat, so I started contributing to them as well.

Capacities has two releases due out next month and a bunch of shows coming up.

The weather has gotten unusually hot and my cat needs to be brushed everyday. He's a hairy cat, so it takes time. My day job as an IT technician also got a bit busy, so my free time for goofing off became slim.

Rorschach at Asbury Lanes 2 years ago
In other news I recently saw Rorschach play their last show of their ongoing reunion.  I was a little surprised that they played to 30 people in their home state, but so it goes.  It didn't seem to bother the band one bit as they played their songs with extreme precision and passion.  The band seems to have had a lasting effect on the realm of experimental heavy hardcore and I felt the need to point out their obvious influence on some of the more celebrated bands today.

Ok, so let's get back to reviews. This is my first day back, so bare with me as I get back into the swing of things.