Friday, June 1, 2012

Best of the Month - May Review

As I said before, May was a slow month for the blog, but I did manage to find some hidden gems among the bunch.  My favorites for the month:

Itto blew my mind this month with their unique mix of technical musicianship (bordering on prog) and their desperate screamy sound.  Can't wait to seem the live on this tour they're doing.

Not on Tour doesn't really have the best name for a band, but they are pretty damn good melodic punk that has a some gruff edges to it.

Hop Along returned with a new album called "Get Disowned" that expanded upon their previous indie croonings and won me over. 

Nation on Fire probably play one of the most refreshing takes on fast hardcore coming from New Jersey at this point in time.  I hope this band keeps things moving.