Monday, August 27, 2012

The Greek Favourites -Forget Shit And Move On

Last night I caught The Greek Favourites for the first time at a show in Bethlehem, Pa at The Secret Art Space.  Knowing nothing about the band, I didn't really know what to expect.  What I got was a refreshing sound that seemed to encompass a Dillinger Four style pop punk sound with some all out screaming and chaos.

These songs have a lot of character in that they never just ride straight and get boring.  There's always some sort of pause, interesting guitar lead or staggering drum beat that pops out and lets you know you're not dealing with just some average crew here.

"Forget the Shit and Move On"  is four tracks of something that I find new and exciting. I'm pretty happy to have run into this band.

Check it out here