Monday, April 22, 2013

Longings - Demo

I have to admit the opening bass line had me worried.  There's a definite chorus effect on the bass which I typically don't like all that much.  But when the rest of the instruments kick in everything is blended extremely well and I found the bass working to the band's advantage.

The set up for these songs consists of some strong, yet simple bass and drum foundations that provide a backbone for swirling guitar and catchy vocal melodies.  The team up between the male/female vocals is pretty outstanding in providing a nice range that emphasizes the dramatic effects. 

I'm reminded of a lower key Embrace, Torches to Rome or Bullets In, with perhaps some sprinkles of Joy Division and Sonic Youth added. Overall, this is good stuff and I'm interested to see what this band is the future. 



Listen to it here.